Wednesday, June 11, 2008

What is this? A post?!

(The kids in Vegas last year)

OK, it turns out I am about as good a journal keeper as I am a blogger...start strong and then move to fizzle mode. It has been hectic around here, but that is everyones experience, so I can't use that as my excuse everytime, can I? (But, I will!) We even got a new video camera after leaving ours somewhere in San Diego over Spring Break and have already put plenty of stuff into its memory. For example, since then, we have had two dance recitals one choir concert, another vacation to Fort Lauderdale, and Kaleb's 14TH birthday. (HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MY DEAR KALEB. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!) Not to mention all the cute things the kids do everyday that as a mother I find adorable and worth recording. (Like when Shaun was cryng because his friend Maxx went home, he said, "I have to wipe the cries out of my eyes" when he wanted to get down from my lap to go and see if Maxx could come play again.) Oh, and I can't forget to also mention all the great stuff Vaughn has been doing lately, like building an awesome pergola over our back patio and painting some new unfinished chairs I ordered for our dining table. Oh yea, I also ran my first 5k race with Vaughn and Kaleb. The other day, I even ran 4.5 miles! Lots of things I could post thoughts and pictures and videos about. So what's the deal? I don't know! First, I have to get the pics from the camera to the computer. (Maybe when we slow down on the projects!) It would be so much easier if I could project the things I want recorded to this blog instantly with my mind. Somebody start working on that invention! Anyway, without the pics to prove it, we are still alive and kicking! Thought I'd atleast peek my head out of my own self-absorbed hole!

6 comments:

Karla said...

It's so good to see you again in the blogging world! It's also good to get a comment from you on my blog! I know you had that Storybook collection, so that's why I got it. Natalie instantly recognized the "Chica Chica Boom Boom" story. Anyway, we can't wait to see you in just 3 weeks! Make sure Vaughn gets done with all the projects before we get there. We wouldn't want to stay in a home with incomplete projects everywhere we look. :)

Karla said...

PS - I love the "cries" story. Can't wait to squeeze his fat head!

The Porter Family said...

SERIOUSLY!!!!!

J9 said...

Wow! You're back! I was wondering if you would ever blog again! It was so fun to see you and I feel like I am becoming reaquainted with you and Jodi through your blogs now! Thanks so much for encouraging me!

THE HUMES FAMILY said...

I feel like I never see you anymore so I am happy to know everything is going well!

Jodi said...

I am so proud of you - a 5K! Are you crazy? When did you become a runner? Glad to see a new post and know you are alive and well!