Wednesday, August 6, 2008

LAST MINUTE SUMMER FUN!

Summer vacation is on the count down and we squeezed in a few last minute activities, including Lagoon. I wasn't looking forward to this constantly cried for "carni" but it actually was a really fun day! In fact, I'd go again! It really was fun. Sasha was absolutely FEARLESS and went on every ride, including "Wicked" which takes you straight up hill and then straight down and thru a couple of cork screws. The straight up and down part looked intimidating to me, but she wasn't scared. She did all the rides without blinking an eye! Here is Shaun on a boat ride. His favorite ride, of course, was driving the car. I don't know why we don't have a picture of it. (We do have video.) I guess we have all seen him driving a car enough!
One of the best parts of the day was the stop in the fountains to cool off. It made us all feel soooo much better once we were soaking wet! It was GREAT! Here is Kaleb.





I did it too. (I have my head bent over,next to the girl in the blue shorts.) Ohhh, it felt great!

DRENCHED!


Log ride....

Tilt-a-whirl..... ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Here we are camping for a few days. Thanks go to Grandpa, who always reserves us a spot up the canyon. He is the BEST Grandpa, especially for fun camping experiences. Here we are setting up a tarp over the picnic table. I was the first to offer my shoulders...no picture of my ultimate sacrifice. Here is Vaughn taking over for me. THANKS! In the end, Grandpa tied a block of wood to the end of the rope and threw it over a higher branch altogether. (Smartie pants!)
Cousin time!
The fish they caught at Payson Lake, where we camped. WOW! They will tell stories about this one for years....and nobody will believe them! (Ha Ha)
Frying it up in a pan.....
Kyle enjoying the great outdoors. Here is Kyle getting used to the temperature of the water. Looks like it must be nice!


Grandpa picked up these rafts for some summer sailing. After awhile, all the kids got in with their life jackets for a swim.





Gottcha!!!!!! Shaun enjoying the outdoors, too. (Gosh, I wish camping bathroom trips were this easy for me!) Hey, check out that tan. JEALOUS!

Night 2 of the fun! Grandpa made delicious chicken and we all enjoyed the food, smors and company.







Thanks Grandpa for the good time and memories! We all love you!

5 comments:

A Merrill Family said...

looks like fun was had by all. when does school start for u guys? for us it is next monday the 11th!

Karla said...

WOW, I wish we lived closer to have been able to join you for both Lagoon and camping. You guys look like you had a blast!!! I especially loved the "standing in the fountains" pictures. It made me feel refreshed just looking at it! I also loved the rafting pictures. Dad is too cool to have picked them up knowing that the kids would love them! Last of all, I love that I got to witness Shaun pee. My life will never be the same. :) Let me know when he poops on his own! Now that will be the picture worth taking!!! haha!

Jodi said...

I love Payson lakes...it's such a beautiful place! It looks like you guys had a great Lagoon day - it's one of my favorite summertime activities! All of my kids love to ride the rides...it makes it so much fun!
Glad you were able to slip in a little more fun before school started!
Let's go to lunch when the kids are back in school!

J9 said...

Oh, I really miss Lagoon! It looks like your family had so much fun this summer.

THE HUMES FAMILY said...

I wish we could have joined you for the Lagoon trip! Looks like fun! Cadence has been begging me to take him....Maybe next month! Dad is so great to take the kids camping like that. I am so glad that the kids will have such great memories!