Thursday, October 23, 2008

Politics, AGAIN! REVISED

Sorry, this presidential campaign is weighing heavily on my mind. I have done lots of fun things with the family since my last post on which I need to write about and will soon I hope, but this email (a "resignation speech" by Pres. Bush) I got from one of my friends just sums up my thoughts.... sorry it can be a little harsh.


ok, I decided to delete my friends email, not because of the "message" but the language used. But please study the issues before you vote! I am for McCain/Palin and proud of it! If only I lived in one of the battleground states...ummm, like Virginia where I thought I was going to be last year! I would have a voice there! Shucks!!!!! Double shucks!!!!!!! Anyway, I have been all over the news and websites looking for info and some of the best ones I have found if you are interested in looking at them are: http://newsbusters.org/ And, I have never and will never say this again: Check out the link on that site under "most emailed stories" by Howard Stern. (PUH, I must go wash my hands) I also like http://heritage.org/

I may sound heretical, but don't kid yourselves though, this is an important vote! I am sorry to those few friends and family who read my blog who don't even need this info, but I suppose you check my blog to see what I am up to, and well this is it!!!!! It is pretty much consuming my every free thought! Don't go to lunch with me right now, I am a real bore with a one track mind.

On another (but related) note, another friend emailed me an experience her friend in California had....she had to pass by protesters to go to the Oakland Temple the other night!!!! People in California are enraged about the church's role in Prop. 8. Please pray for the saints there in their efforts to get out the vote! This is so important!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Karla said...

Well, at least email me the email. You can't leave me hangin' like that!

Jodi said...

I know what you mean...it's such a critical election year and it's always on the front of my mind too! Thanks for the links...I am going to vote on Monday and need all of the information I can get my eyes on! Here's my advice for everyone - VOTE EARLY!!! It'll save you HOURS on election day!

J9 said...

It doesn't feel like a "battleground state" here. It feels like a bunch of people voting down a racial divide, which I find a little weird. You have TONS of people voting who have never voted before simply because they are black and there is finally a black presidential candidate to vote for. I wish it had more to do with the issues, but unfortunately, it doesn't seem to. The newspaper polls and definitely leaning toward Obama in our state and have been for the past few weeks.