.....Well, sort of. At least the campaign is over and I have to move on, despite my utter disappointment. Of course I want Obama to succeed, I live here and so does my family, but I am skeptical, (very) considering his views on everything are so extremely liberal and not the road I (and 48% of the U.S.) believe we should follow. Don't get me started! But, here we are. So anyway, to think about other things, I met Vaughn in Longbeach, CA for a little get away with the kids. It was nice (although while there we were reminded of Prop. 8 and the pathetic fiasco that has become. Maybe we should protest the outcome of the presidential election and if that doesn't change things, maybe we could have a judge over turn the votes and voice of the people!.... Hey! Oh wait, I said don't get me started!) Anyway, Vaughn took Kaleb and Kyle the first night of his trip on the redeye to NYC. When they arrived there, they slept in the pilot lounge for a few hours before Vaughn's shift started and he piloted to Austin and then to Longbeach while the boys were passengers in their "Dad's plane. "
Kyle sipp'n some Jamba Juice. Oh the life!
Some random pic's from Kaleb and Kyle.....

In between flights..... (Kaleb's Camera Corner. Kaleb takes pics of the free toothpaste they are giving away on board all Jetblue flights. Last month it was Mascara. If you want some, let me know. Vaughn picked up a ton of it.)

Oh, and
Obama's 'Change we can believe in' plane.... As a side note, this plane is huge.
Obama's plane can hold 180 people where as
McCains plane held 130 people and
Palins plane held 100. If change means bigger, than he wins. Don't get me started!

Before I arrived with Sasha and Shaun, the boys had a few days with Vaughn. On one of the days, they grabbed bikes from the hotel and rode down the beach and saw the Queen Mary.

They learned that the QM is bigger than the Titanic was.

In front of the Queen Mary is a Russian sub that they got to tour.

The boys did some diving, too. Kidding.. its Russian diving equipment. (Admit it, you thought that was Vaughn all ready to go!) :)

Of course, no trip is fun without seeing a Ferrari!!!

Some
lov'n. Is it because we are going to In-n-Out Burger or the beach, or is it just love? Actually, Kyle is a doll with Shaun all the time. I'll tell you what,
I love those boys!

Water logged! Swimming in the hotel is the funnest thing to do on any vacation, right? We swam for 5 hours that day.

We took Pacific Highway 1 to Malibu. I love that ride.

Vaughn and Shaun....


My gang....


Who loves the beach? "I do!"



It was a great little getaway. I could go again this weekend, but I have visiting teaching,
BYU Pow-Wow, Primary activity, Priesthood Preview, sewing 10 Dr.
Suess hats for school, and other misc. responsibilities. Responsibilities...who came up with that???
5 comments:
I'm so glad you got to go. Looks like you all had a lot of fun! Some day we'll be lucky enough to have you guys visit us! :)
Look at my blog. I posted somethin' - finally!
What a fun break! Kind of a downer about the election, but I have to admit that deep down inside, I knew it would go that way.....even if I didn't want it to!
I'm so jealous...your trip looks like a great, relaxing get away! And it sounds like you are pretty busy this weekend...you need to learn how to say "no"!!
I am so sad you didn't invite me! jk Looks beautiful and fun!!
Sounds like a lot of fun. I miss you guys. Hopefully you are coming down in a few days for Kylees wedding!!! :)
Post a Comment