Wednesday, October 10, 2007

It was nice knowing ya, GEX

Our little green friend of the last 3 years went to Iguana heaven yesterday. He passed quickly sometime yesterday afternoon. He did have a happy tummy full of his favorite leafy treat of cilantro given to him yesterday morning and was outside enjoying the fresh air when he went on to a better place.

Gex came to Kaleb at Christmas time as a treasured pet. He was a good pet, never pooping on the carpet or shedding hair everywhere or barking all night. Some of the hobbies he enjoyed include running on the grass and climbing trees. He also loved playing hide and seek in the back yard or surprising neighbor kids when they walked past him without even knowing he was there. He enjoyed their reaction when we would point him out, but, he never gloated about his incredible ability to camouflage himeself. He especially enjoyed sitting on the honeysuckle plant. That is where he will be buried either tonight or tomorrow.

Condolences can be mailed or phoned to Kaleb anytime that is convenient.

Bye-bye Gex. We will miss you!

4 comments:

Karla said...

How sad! How is Kaleb handling the loss. What a bummer. Do you know why he died? I was looking forward to seeing him. Tell Kaleb that I'm sorry for his loss. :(

Jodi said...

What a terribly sad event! I am sorry to hear about the loss of ANY loved one - pet or human! I remember how hard I cried when my dog, Buffy, died! Horrible day! So sorry Kaleb!

THE HUMES FAMILY said...

Ah...I am so sorry Kaleb! :( How sad. I am sure he is happy running around in heaven. Love ya Kaleb.

A Merrill Family said...

How sad! I told Spencer and he was really bummed about it too. I am sure Kaleb is totally bummed even though he was getting up there and looking a little ragged he was a great pet!