As I blog right now, Shaun is pushing a big dump truck down the tile hall with Kyle screaming behind him. Most of the time around here it is NOISY. Kids, friends calling on the phone, friends playing over, doors slamming, chasing, and fighting (lets be honest!) But, it is the good noise. The noise I should be surrounded by at this point in my life. And, I know it won't last forever. One cute lady in my ward said her house is too quiet and she misses the noise. Somehow I know what she is talking about. I could have the noise of my favorite t.v. shows blaring, or my favorite music playing, or the quiet of the house as I read a magazine or book. Sometimes I wish I could have those "noises" more often, but they will never be the noises I long for in my old age. Some day, far too soon, I will wish Kyle and Shaun were chasing each other, I will wish Sasha was getting in on the action, too, only to have Kaleb compelled to join in on the fun. I will miss those girly squeals, the laughing, the provocation, "you can't get me!" I will miss the constant action. I will miss the good noise my home is filled with. I am so thankful for my 4 noise makers. They are all that matter!
Now please excuse me. I need to put my "worlds crappiest pillow thrower" and my "at least I don't throw underhand" and the other two kids to bed!!!!!!!
Monday, November 5, 2007
The Good Noise
Posted by
The Porter Family
at
6:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is cute. I know what you mean :)
So true. My kids are growing up before my eyes. I feel they are almost at that point. How sad.
Humm...right now Natalie has been crying for about an hour because she is so tired and refuses to just fall asleep...is that the noise you are talking about? I think I'll give it to you if you want! :)
Great post! I know exactly how you feel. The sounds make us happy because they are "our" squealers and laughers. Just think - by the time "ours" are gone, it will be time for our grandkids noise! I know it sounds wierd, but it's coming all too soon!
Post a Comment