Sunday, November 4, 2007

A Haunting Halloween

Every Halloween, Vaughn and I make our traditional "Witches' Finger and Spider Soup" that we all think is delicious! Try it. You'll like it, we promise. We eat it inside a breaded pumpkin bowl. This way the kids have something warm and yummy in their tummy before gorging out on candy. (Kyle suggests you get the recipe. So, if you want it, contact me. But beware, ingredients are hard to come by after Halloween! :) Along with our soup, we have "Witche's Brew" to drink. Again, delicious!
Our dinner always brings a crowd! (Not shown is Maxx, Brock's little bro. Yep, we fed pretty much the whole Oborn clan)
Down, set, HIKE..... this year Vaughn got into the spirit of things and dressed up too as a...oh yeah, a football player. AWESOME DUDE!
Here is the gang, along with some of there friends, ready to go out and treat. I don't think anyone is going to trick this year. (Shaun, Sasha, Olivia, Brock, Kyle, and Spencer)
Kaleb went as a goofy teenage In-n-out fast food cook. Hat, wig, t-shirt and a few painted on zits. (Lucky him, they had to be added on.) That was easy for me. Thanks for thinking that up yourself, Kaleb. You rock! Kyle looks like the stuff made from nightmares with the costume gradma sewed for him and Sasha, cute as a bug.


Since Sasha is already such a lady, it was easy to convert that to a ladybug...just add wings and antenna! It sort of turned out to be a 1960's style ladybug. PEACE!
And it was finally Shaun's turn to be the old fashioned piolot. We love the mustach!

The weather was nice for trick or treating this year! We had a guy from the neighborhood riding around on his motercycle with a "Ghost Rider" mask and outfit on. Cool. And of course, a few of the neighbors who live with the creek as their backyard put on the HAUNTED CREEK again which is a great little tradition in our neighborhood. It takes about 5 minutes to walk through and is perfect for kids and adults. The creek is the perect setting and they really do a a great job! What a fun place to be!! Kristina, Cadence and Easton came up this year to trick or treat. Anyone who wants to can join us next year. We would love it!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Is that Vaughn's football uniform from high school? I'm very impressed that it still fits!
The kids are darling and I LOVE the 60's glasses on the ladybug!
So what is your recipe - it looks pretty good!

Karla said...

Freaking cute kids! I love all of their costumes...very cute and creative! I wish I was with you, it would have been fun to join the Porter Party for halloween.

Why don't you just make a post with the soup recipe. Hopefully I can convert it to a vegetarian dish and keep the "yumminess" you all think it has! :)

A Merrill Family said...

How cute! I LOVE IT!!!!