He can bring home the bacon....fry it up in a pan...
I HAVE to do a shout out for Vaughn!
Last night, my sweetheart took the last flight out of JFK to the west coast. In this case he got as far as Denver, slept on the airport floor, and took the first flight home this morning just to maximize his home time. I know of NO OTHER GUY who would do that. All his flying buddies think he is crazy! Our neighbor up the street who also flies for JetBlue won't even take another carrier (Delta, Southwest, etc.) to get home! Too much paperwork and hassle he says. (Vaughn says it takes 1 or 2 minutes to set it up!) So, for example, if pilot X, the typical pilot, gets done with work at 8 p.m., will he fly out to Denver and sleep on the floor? NO. Will he go back to the crash pad and take the first flight out on any carrier? NO. He will go back to the crash pad and wait until the next JetBlue flight to S.L.C., which isn't until about 2 p.m. the next day! MY MAN wouldn't have it! He takes whatever flight back home when he is done, even if it means he gets only part way and has to sleep on the floor! What woman wouldn't trade all the riches and luxuries in the world for a man that devoted? He is what makes the quality of my life the finest a woman could have.
WHAT A MAN! I LOVE THIS GUY!
.
(And for those of you who know Vaughn, he isn't hurrying home to go golfing, bowling, or anything else. It is totally family time. (Or maybe replace tile time, add beadboard, paint, etc.) But, that is stuff for a whole other blog!)
.
Sorry this blog is so sappy, I am hoping he will paint the cupboards this weekend. JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
What A Man
Posted by
The Porter Family
at
6:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sounds like some lovin' is in the air! Vaughn is the best. You are really lucky! The best advice I received just after Mike and I got married was "always be good to each other" and I remember that everyday. Sounds like he is always good to you, which is AWESOME! :)
GO VAUGHN! You guys are so great together - and good to each other. Like Karla, I got some great advice when we were first married. She said to look for the good in each other and do something everyday to make your spouse happy. Sounds like you two are right on! Great post!
I am sitting in your bed while babysitting your great kids. It is 2am and I can't sleep so what am I doing? Reading blogs of course! This post was great. It made me cry. I hope I can find a man that devoted to me some day!! You are so lucky. I really look up to you guys! Thanks!!!!
Don't worry your kids are doing great....so far :)
How cute is he. I always knew it but this just confirms it!
aaahhhh, that's very sweet. By the way, I'm like 45 min from Denver Airport and we have a guest bedroom. It's always available for husbands trying to get home to their wives!!
Post a Comment