Wednesday, December 19, 2007


Last week, Vaughn had 3 days of training in warm, sunny Orlando, Florida and of course wanted us all to come, too. For me, the thought of 3 days, even in Orlando, with 4 children waiting for Vaughn to be done with his 8 hours of training each day sounded more Nightmare Before Christmas than Christmas Vacation. So, we just figured we could maybe do something little when he got back since he would have 6 days off. Well, that something little turned out to be flying to California to go to Disneyland! (Anything can happen when the seat loads are wide open!) Here are some of our happy moments caught in digital.....




It's a Small World...During Christmas, this ride is sooooo cute! Really! (Although Kaleb really is too tough for this ride!)
Shaun is seeking employment as a monkey on the Jungle Ride....



Our last ride of the night was the Matterhorn. Vaughn took the 3 big kids and I sat with sleeping Shaun just outside the ride. Vaughn called on the cell phone to tell me they were just going when a few minutes later I heard an announcement about how the Matterhorn was having problems and would have to close so they could fix it. My heart fluttered as I wondered if Vaughn and the kids were okay. I called on the cell to find out they had just made it down and they were going to have to wait for someone to come get them out. When the security arrived, Vaughn asked what happened. The guys said that THEIR car was going too fast and they were going to have to reset it. How is that to end the night! They broke down the Matterhorn! They were all thinking that it was going way faster than their rides that afternoon, but were just enjoying the great fun of it. They didn't know that it wasn't suppose to be going that fast!!!


We had a great time, (and a safe time, regardless of the runaway bobsled) and wish you all could have joined us!

6 comments:

Karla said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! There are a couple of great Christmas pictures of the kids, too. Glad you didn't lose your family on the last ride of the night...fhew! I just wish Gilbert, AZ was a popular to go to as Disneyland!

The Porter Family said...

Gilbert,Az is always in the running with everyone, but there is no easy way to get there!!!!!! We'd have to resort to driving or something!

THE HUMES FAMILY said...

I can't believe you went to Disneyland! I am so jealous! How fun. How scary is that? I am glad everyone is ok! :)

Jodi said...

Looks like so much fun and I would be very jealous if I wasn't leaving for Disneyland in the morning! I agree...It's a Small World is my FAVORITE during the holidays!

Karla said...

Who photoshopped that for you? That's awesome!

The Porter Family said...

What makes you think someone photoshopped that? They love us at Disneyland!