Summer projects are done for the year, including Vaughn's awesome pergola. It was not an easy project, but he finished it and it sure makes the backyard fun and romantic. It will be great when the vines grow up the poles and across the top to give us fragrant shade!


One last summer event was planned for this last Friday before school. We were going to try to squeeze in a trip to San Diego, but it seemed a little hectic, so we thought about where to go in our own beautiful state that we had not been to yet. The Great Salt Lake was the place to go!


The scenery was
absolutely beautiful!

Our desolate looking picnic table. It was fun to be out in that space, thinking about our pioneer heritage arriving here and making this place blossom as a rose! (Atleast
we had a table and shade!)


Going to the beach... the Salt Lake Beach!


Floating really was a trip! Amazing! The swimming really was great! Warm water, floating along. It seemed
therapeutic!



Driving around Antelope Island was so cool with the roaming animals. It was such a fun day, we will
defiantly do that again!


Can you see the snake?



And so finally,
It's time to change the look of our
cubby from
summer cubby to...................
school cubby! Am I ready? Tomorrow is the big day!

Does anyone think summer break was
WAY TOO SHORT? I do, but it was a great summer vacation loaded with adventure and lots of memories!
8 comments:
I haven't ever taken my kids to the Great Salt Lake - We will have to do it for sure...looks like a lot of relaxing fun!
Good luck on the school thing tomorrow - my kids don't go back until Wednesday and I'm grateful for a couple of more "sleep in" days!
Your trip to GSL looks like it was SO fun! I have a really faint memory of going there when I was little. I remember thinking about how cool it was to be able to float. I'm glad you went. We'll have to do that when we are up visiting again.
PS - I'm so sad I didn't get to say bye to you on Saturday night! I guess Mom and I just missed you. :( I really wanted to bring Shaun home with me. Bummer!
A Huge PS - I forgot to mention the backyard looks great! Tell Vaughn he did an awesome job - I can't wait to see it in real life! Way to go Vaughn!
Wow, I want a pergola now too! I am glad you enjoyed a visit to our side of the state, we live about 5 blocks south of Antelope Drive! Antelope Island is a really fun place to visit, Bri loves it there.
You guys are always doing such fun things! I am so jealous! I think summer went to fast but the faster this year ends the faster I am done with school so I guess it is ok! :)
How great that your husband has the time to do all these projects! I love the pergola. It will look great with stuff growing on it!
I remember going to Antelope Island as a kid and I never once saw an antelope! (at least I really don't remember seeing one....) That pic was so cool!
This is very late, but I wanted to thank you for your comment on our blog. I was so excited to hear from you! I can't wait to look over your blog and learn more about your family.
Tally (granddaughter of Jack McDonald)
tallyoturner@gmail.com
Sounds like a TON of fun. I can't believe you actually saw an antelope. I know that it is called Antelope Island but man that picture is crazy!!!!
Post a Comment